What are the animals that can be hunted in the US?
In the United States, federal, state, and local wildlife regulations provide exceptions for citizens to hunt certain types of animal species and in certain numbers under permit while the respective hunting seasons are available and active.
The basic principle for inactivating a hunting season is based on stopping hunting while the species has its breeding season, which allows the species to reproduce naturally and not be exterminated by hunting.
Big game animals
Big game hunting involves the pursuit of large animals. In North America, these animals include mule deer, white-tailed deer, moose, moose, and caribou. Other big game animals include wild boars, big horned sheep and javelins. Bison, or buffalo, are also considered big game animals, but they were hunted to near extinction during the 19th and early 20th centuries, making them illegal to hunt in most of North America.
Other Game types.
Typical North American Small Game animals include:
Fur-bearing animals include those that are generally hunted more for their fur and fur than for their meat:
Predators that are hunted under very specific rules and permits include:
- Cougars and cougars.
Birds that are hunted include:
Hunting of animals declared as pests.
Vermin or vermin hunting is also common in North America. The creatures that are classified as vermin are usually small mammals and are hunted because they are considered pests, so their populations must be kept to manageable numbers. Uncontrolled pest populations often result in damage to crops and livestock. Animals that are often considered vermin include wild rabbits, squirrels, groundhogs, foxes, and raccoons. Vermin hunting is strictly regulated in many places because vermin populations and their impact on local farmers and ranchers are carefully monitored.
Regulation & permits
In most places in North America, hunters must have a hunting license issued in the jurisdiction where they intend to hunt. The species and number of animals that can be hunted are often limited, and hunters must purchase a tag for each animal killed. When the number of people who want to hunt a certain type of animal in a particular area is greater than the number of that animal that can be slaughtered during a specified period of time, hunting tags may be awarded through lotteries. Game quotas are usually set by regional wildlife agencies.
Sig Sauer MCX Virtus .22cal PCP Air Rifle
- caliber: 0.22
- velocity: 600.00 ft/sec
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Semi-Auto Regulated PCP, 30rd. Magazine
Umarex Origin PCP .22 Caliber Pellet Gun Air Rifle
$279.00 in stock
- A truly unique PCP that cuts pumping down by half so you can do more shooting
- Ever Pressure Tank System makes it possible to fill the air cylinder with fewer pumps; To completely fill the tank it only requires about 100 pumps from a hand pump, half of the pumps required of comparable PCP rifles with a similar air cylinder volume
- A side-mounted cocking lever makes for smooth operation and included two 10-shot auto-indexing rotary magazines that share its design with the Umarex Gauntlet magazine
- Combination optic rail accepts 11mm or Picatinny rings, making it easy to mount up your favorite optic
- Shoots .22 caliber pellets at up to 1000 fps
Gamo Urban PCP Air Rifle, 22 Caliber, Black
- Made of the highest qualitiy materials
- Air guns rifles
- Another quality product
- Up to 800 FPS Fill pressure 232 bar, with built-in pressure gauge plus quick fill port
Umarex Hammer .50 Caliber PCP Pellet Gun Air Rifle
$847.48 in stock
- The most powerful production air rifle on the planet; Dumps a ton of energy into its target instead of carrying the energy with it through the target
- One full tank delivers 4 full power regulated shots + 1 finishing shot (4 shots total)
- Ultralight 4500 psi, 24 cubic inch carbon fiber air tank; Modern stock design with M-LOK locations for accessory mounting and a Picatinny rail for optics mounting
- Very quiet shooting; Includes two 2-shot linear mags; Straight pull bolt with a 2-pound pull weight and 2 inches of travel; Two safeties: mag lock-out (won't fire without mag) and trigger block safety
- Shoots .50 caliber pellets at up to 1130 fps
Beeman, QB Chief PCP Air Rifle, .22 Caliber , Brown
- Package length: 8.4 cm
- Package width: 19.6 cm
- Package height: 109.5 cm
- Product Type: SPORTING GOODS