Deer Hunting in Season how to do it ..
The best deer stalking tips in season start with the most important and that is to ask yourself the question:
Do I have the correct hunting permit to go deer hunting?
You can read about that in our article on permits and laws.
So the best advice is: Have the permission for the hunt, then we can accept any suggestion.
The weather and the season.
Weather patterns should be checked before heading to the deer forest we have chosen to go hunting with our legal license. It is also important that the hunter knows the area that is being hunted.
Knowing the terrain where we are going to hunt.
Knowledge of terrain and wind patterns is also critical to deer stalking. Perhaps the best advice when stalking deer or hunting any type of game is to use safe and sound methods on every hunting trip to ensure there is another hunting trip in the future.
Strategies for hunting deer, the most effective.
When hunting and stalking deer, the weather plays a huge role in the methods used to move stealthily through the woods. In most areas, early hunting tactics can be a bit more aggressive due to the dense foliage and the natural dampening effect a green wood has on sound. Walking slowly and steadily with periodic stops to observe movement is the key to early season stalking. When possible, keeping the sun behind the hunter while walking into the wind is the best scenario in any type of stalking. Where local laws allow, wearing very green camouflage will help keep the hunter out of sight of deer.
In mid to late fall, camouflage colors should change to dark brown and gray to match the dying trees and grasses. Moving through bedding areas and the perimeter of food plots will often yield the most success when stalking deer at this time of year. Noise suppression is key, as sound is easily carried over long distances in barren woody terrain. This time of season also calls for long periods of inactivity while watching for any sign of deer in the surrounding woods. It is important that the hunter not only look for deer, but visually scan the area for deer parts peeking through the foliage, such as ears, backs, antlers, and tails.
What are the most effective days to hunt deer.
Windy fall days are perfect for stalking deer in standing crops and corn. The wind rustling through the crops will help muffle and disguise any sounds the hunter might make. The hunter’s scent is also dispersed through the wind, making the deer’s most valuable weapon, its nose, a non-factor.
Late fall and early winter also bring routine deer stalking into play. Males in heat often act carelessly because they have only one thing on their mind: mating. During this season, stalking deer should focus on bedding areas and travel corridors through the woods. By hunting later in the morning and early in the afternoon, the hunter’s chances are greatly increased.
XProudeer Hunting Blind See Through Ground Blinds with 270 Degree,2-3 Person Pop Up Hunting Blinds with Chair,Camouflage Hunting Tent for Deer & Turkey Hunting,Hunting Gear and Hunting Accessories
- 【Large Size】XProudeer Hunting Blind Fits 3 People, with 67" Center Height, Hub to Hub 75" X 75", and Floor Space 58" X 58".
- 【270 Degree One-Way See Through】Ground Blind is equipped with three full panels of one-way see-through mesh, allowing for a wide range of visual angles and easy shooting from any angle.
- 【Lightweight, Portable, Easy to Set Up】Pop-Up Hunting Tent includes high wind tie-downs for wind resistance, stakes, and an easy-to-carry backpack. With a little practice, setting up the blind can be accomplished quickly in as little as 60 seconds once the blind is out of the carry bag.
- 【Perfect Hiding and Strong Material】Deer Blind is made of 100% polyester fabric & fiberglass poles & metal bracket. Its vivid jungle camouflage allows the hunting blind to blend in with the surroundings.Our hunting blind with a silent zipper allows for noiseless opening of windows, ensuring that your prey remains undisturbed during your hunting experience.
- 【Quality Accessories】The hunting blind comes with a portable hunting chair, which allows you to hunt comfortably. It also includes a tent patch, so you can easily repair the tent if it gets scratched.You can take the blind anywhere for deer hunting, turkey hunting, elk, and more.
Guide Gear Silent Adrenaline Pop-Up Hunting Ground Blind for Deer, Duck, and Turkey Hunting, 2-Person Tent
- FITS MORE THAN 1 OCCUPANT: Guide Gear ground blind is expansive for that additional hunting partner of yours. Fit a duo without feeling constrained and even have room to stretch!
- EASE OF ACCESSIBILITY: A full-panel, flip-up door makes it easy to get in and out of this deer or turkey blind with windows, especially for those who have mobility challenges or use a scooter or wheelchair to get around
- EASY SET UP: Pop up this hunting tent within minutes, and do not miss out on any game. Taking it down is no hassle either. You deserve to have the easy things in life
- WATER AND UV RESISTANT: Hunting blinds for 2 person is enclosed with water and UV protection for long lasting use. Composed of heavy duty 150D polyester shell, this tent is made to withstand the outdoors/wild
- STRATEGICALLY HUNT: Camo tent is a blend of Woodland camo for the most effective camouflage effect. With three full width windows, precisely and strategically spy on your prey without being too visible
Sitka Men's Quiet Gore-Tex Windstopper Insulated Hunting Fanatic Jacket, Optifade Elevated II, L
- FULLY FEATURED LATE-SEASON HUNTING JACKET: The Fanatic Jacket is the whitetail hunter’s perfect tool for capitalizing on late-season conditions. Due to Windstopper Technology, the jacket can withstand cold winds while remaining ultra-silent
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Thanks to diagonal-zip design, a pass-through hand muff lined in Berber fleece for exceptional warmth was included. To round out the design, functional pockets for a rangefinder and grunt tube that flank the diagonal zipper for quick at-hand needs were added
- CONSTANT-CONNECT SITKA SAFETY HARNESS PORT: Simplifies donning and doffing the jacket while secured to a torso-mounted harness tether, eliminating the need to disconnect from your harness when adding or subtracting layers
- SCIENCE OF SOUND: The new Fanatic Jacket is very quiet. It allows a hunter the ability to move with more confidence by cutting the audible engagement distance in half
- TECHNOLOGIES: An enhanced high-loft Berber fleece face silences the new and ultra-quiet GORE-TEX INFINIUM with WINDSTOPPER technology, which is packaged with PrimaLoft Silver Hi-Loft Ultra insulation for the coldest days in the stand