We have previously discussed PCP carbines and CO2 carbines separately.
In recent years, PCP carbines have won the game over CO2 weapons. The PCP is the most widely used system in some countries such as the United States, France, Germany or Great Britain. Countries in which they are used for leisure, hunting and in different types of competition.
Precision PCP carbines vs CO2
PCP air rifles are the most accurate air rifles on the market, even more so than CO2 air rifles.
The very high precision that PCPs by their nature, added to the large number of accessories to improve an already very high precision, has caused more and more professional shooters to opt for this system for high precision tests.
PCP carbine power vs CO2
The technology and constant development of PCP systems has not only allowed us to enjoy great improvements in scopes, but also the power of these weapons has been increased, as well as their firing capacity and optimal air regulation systems.
There is a wide variety of weapons and powers within the PCP family. However, we must remember that in Spain the maximum power allowed is 24 joules.
CO2 is not such an explosive gas and that makes the power of a CO2 carbine much more limited.
PCP carbine autonomy vs CO2
PCP carbines usually have a range of between 80 and 100 shots. CO2 carbines usually use tanks that offer a range of between 20 and 40 shots per cylinder, depending on the temperature.
PCP carbine stability vs CO2
Another difference with respect to CO2 is that compressed air is practically insensitive to changes in temperature. CO2 does not perform well under cold conditions, it does not expand with the same force and that translates into a bad shooting experience.
PCP carbine price vs CO2
One of the most important issues for many; It is said that the CO2 carbine is much cheaper than the PCP carbine and that is true if we strictly refer to the weapon and its accessories. As a general rule, both the PCP carbine and its accessories have a higher cost.
However, the costs derived from its use must be taken into account, since CO2 has a relatively high price and we will be using disposable CO2 bottles all our lives.
PCP vs CO2 charging system
PCP carbines can be loaded with different systems. We will not go into more details since we already talked about this topic here (Previous Link Post).
CO2 is usually loaded with a small pressurized carbon dioxide canister that fits somewhere on the carbine.
Calibers and projectiles PCP vs CO2
PCP carbines offer a wide range of caliber possibilities, you can find PCP carbines of 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, 6.35 and 7.62.
The shell market for PCP is immensely broad depending on your needs.
Sig Sauer MCX Virtus .22cal PCP Air Rifle
$259.99 in stock
- Up to 700FPS
- Flip Up Sights
- M1913 Accessory Rail
- 30rd Pellet Mag
Sig Sauer Virtus .22 Cal PCP Air Rifle with 3-9x40 Riflescope w/Rings Set, Spare Mag (w/3belts), Lens Cleaning Pen and .22 x250 Pellets Bundle
- IN THE BOX: 1 x Sig Sauer Virtus .22 Cal PCP Air Rifle (AIR-VIRTUS-22); 1 x 3-9x40 Riflescope (216001) w/Rings set (PR1-M); 1 x Lens Cleaning Pen (LCP); 1 x Pack of .22 x250 Pellets (VPB-22); 1 x Spare Mag w/3belts (AMRC-22-30)
- Semi-automatic. Flip-up front and rear sights.
- Regulated 13 cubic inch air cylinder w/ male quick disconnect fill fitting. 3000 psi fill pressure. 1100 psi regulator pressure.
- Velocities up to 700 FPS. Energies up to 12FPE.
- Realistic weight and handling.
Sig Sauer MCX .177 Cal Co2 Powered (30 Rounds) 14x 24mm Scope Air Rifle, Flat Dark Earth (CO2 Not Included)
1 used from $199.99
- CO2 CARTRIDGES AND PELLETS ARE NOT INCLUDED
- Sig Sauer MCX version with 1-4x24 scope
- Ideal for more realistic, economical training and practice
- Manual safety control
- 18 inch rifled steel barrel. Department - unisex-adult. Material - Plastic. Sport Type - Hunting.
Sig Sauer P226 Airgun .177 Cal BLK with 2 Extra Magazines and 500 Match Lead Pellets Bundle (Black+Mag+Ammo)
- IN THE BOX: 1 x Sіg Sauer P226 Airgun .177 Cal BLK (226F-BLK), 2 x Extra Magazines (AMPC-177-16), 1 x Pack of 500 Match Lead Pellets (PB-177-500)
- Sіg SAUER P226 AIR PISTOL: The weight, balance and feel of the P226's Gas operated version are similar to those of the original SIG Sauer P226 making this Air Pistol a great solution for authentic, yet safe and cheap training. Chambered in .177 pellet or steel BB, this CO2 powered, next-generation air pistol has been engineered specifically to closely measure up to the most popular SIG original model platforms in weight and handling as well as standards of performance.
- PELLETS (AIR-AMMO-MATCH-PB-177-500): Superior engineering has developed precision manufactured, lead ammunition designed to excel at the standards set by ASP CO2 airgun accuracy and performance as well improve the performance of other pellet firing pistols and break barrel or PCP rifles. Flat-topped pellets make superior target shooting loads, great for practice or plinking
- 2 Extra Magazines (AMPC-177-16): 16rd .177 Caliber Magazine for Sіg SAUER P226 air pistols. This magazine is constructed of durable polymer and features dual 8 pellet or steel rotary clips.
Sig Sauer AC-90-2 5270-0685 CO2 Cartridge, Black
$19.99 in stock
- Exceptional Performance out of your Air gun
- 90Gr 2 Pack
- Model # AC-90-2
Sig Sauer AMRC-177-30 MPX/MCX Air Rifle .177 30rd Magazine,Black
$27.43 in stock
- Designed for SIG Sauer MCX and MPX Air rifles
- Fits 30 .177 BB pellets
- Rotary pellet drive system removes limitations on the air gun's rate of fire
- 3 refillable belts included (30rds each) for consistent optimized firing